Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Awaji Puppet Theater


Awaji-Puppet Theater...Over 500 years of tradition...

I have been working on a Grant through the UMASS Arts Council with a couple of colleagues from the UMASS Theater Department. It is a small and simple grant...perfect for my first attempt. I have been working on scheduling the event and organizing the writing. Jason has been working hard on the publicity, scheduling and writing of the grant. Dora has been our liason, organizer, writer, and chief director for the grant. I can't thank them enough for all their work. I am very excited about this company, the workshop on the 27th of February, and their performace on the 28th of February. I spent some time reading a few articles of theirs and watching a DVD of their production, and I can't say enough how intense their work is! Check them out at www.japansociety.org

No comments: