Monday, March 9, 2009

27 Years

I've been alive for seven and twenty years today...seems like such a short time...and I have so many things to do yet...Happily, I can't say I am not where I thought I would be at this age. In fact, I am farther along than I thought I would be. Here is a high-light list over the years...and a few other things...

Year one and two don't really hold any memories from those years...
Year three...Sesame Street and Mr. Rogers
Year four...Broken bone #1 my left elbow (screw and cast and couldn't move my hand for a few weeks...still doesn't work quite right).
Year five...Broken bone #2 my right leg (I am right handed and left footed...weird!)
Year six...First time I asked a girl to marry me! (Stephanie Ulmer)
Year seven...I remember very vividly sitting in the hallway day after day in Mrs. Butler's class and my older siblings walking by saying, "Ooooh! We're gonna tell daaaaad!!"
Year eight...Pulled my own tooth out...no blood...I was soooo disappointed...
Year nine...Poison oak so bad my head swelled up like a pumkin, and I had to miss school (the good part...staying at home and being cared for while playing video games all day!
Year ten...Broken bone #3 and #4 (Both my wrists broke while flying off a rope swing on Mother's Day)
Year eleven...First girlfriend, Krysta Williams... :)
Year twelve...This is the year I became a junior high football pro...I sacked a person every three plays...
Year thirteen...I finally developed friendships that would last...and bought my first car...1970 Jeepster Commando!!!


Someday mine will look like this...(and hopefully I won't look like that guy)

Year fourteen...Highschool, first real relationship, Kailah Duckett (Brost)...
Year fifteen...I learned how to drive a stick shift on my dad's 1955 Chevy


My Dad's is all yellow and brighter...

and 1969 Stingray


My dad's was a little cleaner and had a slightly different paint job...

Year sixteen...I had my first car accident...not my fault...and the insurance paid for me to have my Jeepster repaired...instead...I bought new tires and had the leaf springs re-arched.
Year seventeen...I rolled my jeepster (not while four-wheel driving...ps...never try to race a jeep with new tires and a new suspension... :(
Year eighteen...College, first broken heart, and the first time somebody close to me passed away...Love you Toni!!!
Year nineteen...I started getting into theatre, met a new girl (Kara Kerr), and decided business was not what I wanted to do for a living.
Year twenty...First time getting drunk...not the best expereince
Year twenty-one...First time traveling out of the country..."What happens across the boarder stays across the boarder!"
Year Twenty-two...First time to Europe, graduated college, broke a girls heart, and started my own theatre company.
Year Twenty-three...Theatre company failed, was accepted to Graduate School in England, was leaving in a month....then I got invited to teach at Westmont College...AND most important...I got married!!!


What a beautiful and amazing woman...Adrienne Rachelle Hicks!!!

Year Twenty-four...I had my first child, my son, Ethan Jacob Hicks!!!


Look at that gorgeous hair...

Year Twenty-five...I won my first award for the theatre, Independent Theatre Award for Lighting Design! The Clouds


The Clouds by Aristophanes, 2007

Year Twenty-six...I had my second child, my daughter, Camille Rachelle Hicks!!!...I began graduate school!


Such a wonderful smile!!!

Year Twenty-seven...Here's to a year full of adventure, challenges, and lots of laughs!!!

6 comments:

Kailah said...

Ack! If you're 27 already, that means I will be soon! But happy birthday anyway. ;-) And I'm honored to see I made your post, lol.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the happy B-day...yep yours is just around the corner-yikes! And you were a big part of my life throughout high-school, so of course you made my highlights list :)

Anonymous said...

Many Happy returns of the day Jonathan.Pretty Cute Kiddos.Thanks for sharing.

lol:)
Send gifts to chennai|Send gifts to Bangalore|Send gifts to India

Anonymous said...

What a life you've had... I'm sorry to see all those injuries on there though. :( Thanks for the sweet compliments. I am so happy to be in your life! =)

randy said...

so, Im only about 3weeks late on the commenting here, but year nine must have been the year you got to "World 8" in Super Mario Borthers... freaking amazing...

Dad finally turned it off after 7hrs of strait play... No Warping, No 3-1 extra lives,,, just strait Mario..

we thought you were Jimmy Woods from "The Wizard"

Anonymous said...

I was so sad when Dad turned it off! That Mario Brothers session is a very vivid memory for me...weird huh?