Monday, June 7, 2010

Reaching Out to Auto-CAD

I've been back from LA now for a week. I went to the AAM Conference (American Associate of Museums) with Traci Klainer and the Luce Group. It was a great opportunity for me to see another side of the design world. I met a handful of lighting designers from the West Coast, and I have decided to make learning Auto-CAD a priority. I will be taking a class in it this Fall, and in the meantime, I will be going online to watch a few training sessions and get in touch with some people who can guide me along the way.

I went to the Learning Commons at UMass, Amherst today to explore the program. They had ArchiCAD12 on the computers, so not quite what I was looking for. I spent enough time on the program to convince myself that before I spend too much time poking my head around blindly, that I would need to spend some quality time with training videos and class sessions.

My goal is to know where each tool is and what it does by the end of the summer. Then I will be in a better place to use the tools for the Fall semester. Now, I just need to find a computer that has Auto-CAD or get my computer up to speed so that I can run it on my Mac...

No comments: