Thursday, September 17, 2009

Drawing Beginnings

I have been in class now three times, and today will mark the fourth. I have done a series of "test" drawings to see where I am skillfully and with my visual eye's ability to see. I have found that I flatten and widen my drawings. I have also found that I like to draw most outside or inside with some music playing. I discovered I used to be left handed, but after I broke and lost control of my hand at age 4, I forced myself to become right-handed. This is why I am ambiadectrous, left footed, and why I have very horrible handwriting. These are all personal discoveries, not things I have been told about myself. So all-in-all, this class has been tremendously insightful and actively strengthening me not only as an artist, but as a person.

Here are some of my drawings:


Thad Kramer


Self -Portrait


Adrienne from Memory


"Vase/Face" excercise


"Upside down" exercise


Childhood Landscape from Memory


First Pure Contour Drawing (15 minutes)


8th Pure Contour Drawing (1 hour)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love the one of Thad! Thanks for sharing!