Thursday, December 17, 2009

Education at its Best!


Choral Ode during The Burial at Thebes

Today, I turned in my last batch of work, and another semester is concluded! As was to be expected, this past semester was the most difficult yet. With three classes and three shows, I found myself constantly spinning and moving sometimes backwards, often forwards, and always onward. I always put my best foot forward and tried my hardest at everything, and without fail, I made many mistakes (often making me look like I was putting my worst foot forward).

This semester has stretched me far beyond my abilities as a lighting designer, but more so as a person, a collaborator, and an artist. I quit bad habits like smoking. I challenged my personality by forcing myself to pause and slow down. Constantly placing my temper in check and leaving anger at the doorstep. Each day was met with challenges and on occasion my temper got the best of me. With perseverance, many opportunities to collaborate were met with exciting success. Three shows were produced and staged. Each with many exciting artistic choices that I will cherish and remember for a lifetime.

I have collected images, met some exciting and wonderful people, and began nurturing a long since desired skill as a painter and artist. I can't wait to continue developing my hand as my eye continues to see, perceive, and transform.

Many thanks go out to my advisors, professors, directors, dramaturgs, actors, and fellow designers! Without each of you beside me and in front of me, I couldn't achieve with such wonderful success the goals and dreams I have set before me. Thank you!!!

No comments: