Monday, June 20, 2011

American Association of Museums Annual Conference

This past May I attended the American Association of Museums conference in Houston, TX. It was a wonderful experience! I attended last year in Los Angeles, CA with the Luce Group, and I found myself overwhelmed with new information. This year I found myself overwhelmed with the amount of people I met. It is nearly incomprehensible to me how many people are excited about the museum industry. Many have passionate drives to provide our communities with educational experiences regarding our past, our present, and our future. It is a privilege and an honor to be a part a community of professionals.

My main goal in attending this years conference was to meet people in and around the Indiana area, and I believe I was very successful. My next goal is to continue to develop these new connections. I want to find ways that we can provide each other with valuable experiences and services. I look forward to the challenge of this next goal. For me it is all about relationships, learning experiences, and successful adventures.

No comments: